- RSS Channel Showcase 8665133
- RSS Channel Showcase 7104484
- RSS Channel Showcase 9793779
- RSS Channel Showcase 6746553
Articles on this Page
- 06/01/11--16:21: _Control graphs with...
- 04/06/12--04:16: _Extract number from...
- 04/20/12--19:39: _Extract farthest/la...
- 05/09/12--02:34: _Calculate turn arou...
- 05/19/12--19:28: _Determine the maxim...
- 11/17/12--02:35: _Derive end date and...
- 04/16/13--07:24: _Determine cumulativ...
- 04/29/13--19:35: _Compute MODE of all...
- 07/18/14--19:30: _Consider a Pivot Ta...
- 05/29/15--17:35: _Remove special char...
- 02/23/17--03:58: _Determine number of...
- 08/26/17--21:42: _Determine cumulativ...
- 09/30/17--02:39: _Distribute projecte...
- 10/09/17--21:14: _Determine the total...
- 04/28/18--21:47: _Determine the most ...
- 06/18/18--04:29: _Filtering on 2 date...
- 06/18/18--04:46: _Show sales only for...
- 06/01/11--16:21: Control graphs with check boxes and scroll bars
- 04/06/12--04:16: Extract number from an alphanumeric string
- 04/20/12--19:39: Extract farthest/latest date based on multiple conditions
- 05/09/12--02:34: Calculate turn around time excluding Sundays and public holidays
- 05/19/12--19:28: Determine the maximum number of consecutive 1′s appearing in a range
- 04/29/13--19:35: Compute MODE of all numbers split across multiple worksheets
- 05/29/15--17:35: Remove special characters from a string
- 09/30/17--02:39: Distribute projected revenue annually
- 10/09/17--21:14: Determine the total number of projects by Status
- 04/28/18--21:47: Determine the most recent status after satisfying certain conditions
- 06/18/18--04:29: Filtering on 2 date fields within one Table
- 06/18/18--04:46: Show sales only for corresponding months in prior years
One may want to create interactive graphs by allowing users to select indicators and years to be plotted (via check boxes and scroll bars). I have presented three cases in this workbook.
Given an alphanumeric string, one may want to perform the following Extract phone number from the string Assume a list of customer addresses with multiple phones numbers mentioned in the address field itself. These numbers may be mobile numbers and/or mobile numbers. Furthermore, PIN codes may also be mentioned in the address string. One may want [...]
Assume a three column database showing Site ID, Customer, Status and Requested Date. On the same site ID, the same customer may have different status on different dates. In such a scenario, one may want to know the farthest/latest requested date and its corresponding status for all unique combinations of Site ID and Customer. I initially attempted to [...]
Assume a two column database showing starting date/time and ending data/time (Data/time stamp appear in a single cell). Given a list of public holidays in a year and starting and ending work times, one may want to know the turn around time excluding Sundays and public holidays. You may refer to my solution in this [...]
Assume a database where customers are listed from cell A6 down. From cell B5 to the right months are entered from April to March (B5:M5). In B6:M6 (Customer 1), a user enters 1's and 0's. A value of 1 respresents "Cheque bounced" and 0 represents "Cheque honoured". Similar data is entered for other customers in B7:M500. [...]
Given the following inputs/restrictions, one may want to compute the end date and time of a project: 1. Start date and time of the project; and 2. Official working hours; and 3. Lunch breaks hours You may refer to my solution in the this workbook.
Assume per diem travel rates vary by block of dates (from and to). So, assume the per diem rate for travel dates between 26/2/2013 and 28/2/2013 is Rs. 78,000/day. Likewise, if a person travels between 1/3/2013 and 25/3/2013, the per diem rate applicable is Rs. 70,000/day. With different travel dates (from and to) specified per traveller, the [...]
Assume numbers are typed in range A1:A2 of multiple worksheets in a workbook. The task is the compute the MODE of these numbers. Mode is defined as the value which appears most frequently in a range of cells. So, if one types 1,3,4,3,5,6 in range A1:A6, then the mode will be 3 - 3 appears maximum number of times in [...]
Assume a simple three column dataset showing hours worked by different machine on different dates. So column A is Date, column B is Machine Name and column C is hours worked. There are duplicates appearing in column A and B . Blanks in column C depict machine idle time. The task is to create a simple […]
Hi, Assume a column of names as follows: Name Mohammed Zia-Ul Haque Steven Thomas - ,-Rohit Sunil Ahir-Chowdhary.- Anuj ----------- Sameer -- ..,Mohit -- Rajeev Nair. Monalisa . Das Vijeta ... --,.Anjana. M.U..,- Please observe that there are special characters before the name, within the name and after the name. The task is to remove […]
Here is a sample dataset of learners who have cleared different stages of multiple courses on offer within an Organisation: Learner Stage completed Course Bill Stage 1 Public Speaking Bill Stage 2 Public Speaking Bill Stage 3 Public Speaking Susan Stage 1 Effective Communication Bob Stage 1 Public Speaking Bob Stage 2 Public Speaking Sheila […]
Imagine a fixed monthly amount due to an Organisation for services rendered to various customers. While an invoice is raised every month by this Organisation, not all pay up the dues on time. For unpaid dues, the Organisation charges its client interest ranging from 3% to 9% per annum. The objective is to determine cumulative […]
Here is a dataset showing Project wise forecast of open opportunities. Topic is the Project Name Est. Close Date is the date by when the opportunity would be closed i.e. the project would be won from that Client Duration is the time (in months) for which the project would run Amount is the total amount […]
Here's a simple 3 column table showing Date, Project name (Cat.) and Status of the project. Each project can have multiple status entries on different dates. So as you can observe, project "alpha_9383993" was In Progress on Oct 2, 2017, remained so on October 5, 2017 but was completed on October 6, 2017. Date Cat. […]
Assume a three column dataset with Patient ID, Smoking Status and Review Date PatientID SmokingStatus ReviewDate P1 10-03-2018 P1 9 09-03-2018 P1 1 08-03-2018 P1 4 07-03-2018 P2 9 10-03-2018 P2 9 09-03-2018 P2 9 08-03-2018 P2 9 07-03-2018 P3 2 10-03-2018 P3 09-03-2018 P3 9 08-03-2018 P4 9 10-03-2018 P4 1 09-03-2018 P4 4 […]
This table contains a list of all the inspections created and completed within different time periods. The objective is to create two Tables from this single table - one showing the Accounts created within the chosen time period and another showing the those that were closed within the same time period. Here are screenshots of […]
Refer to this simple Sales dataset The objective is to create a simple matrix with months in the row labels, years in the column labels and sales figures in the value area section. The twist in the question is that for years prior to the current year (2018 in this dataset), sales should only appear […]